Build the last simulated version of the SE class a headamp today, on breadboard. It works as an amplifier, it is class A, it is hot, and it is oscillating. I have to read a little more about taming the beast, did try some tricks, and it helped. Also I have to try some other transistors in the output stage, I have two different brands of BD139. I was unable to measure the hFE of the ones of which I have the most, even though the other brand measures fine. Since this was a prototype, I used the strange ones, maybe they are bad to the bone.

NOTE: I found this thread at diyaudio.com read through, it's really nice stuff: Pure Class A Single End Amplifier Idea!

Generated on 2018-05-03 01:14:21.910264